Tuesday 9 September 2014

September: New Purchases

 
Hallo. So my weekend has been very very eventful and I have only just recovered but it was bloody BRILLIANT and so worth the god of all hangovers I received. I celebrated my hen party with my lovely friends and family and had a fantastic day/night. I am SO excited to finally marry my man! 
 
The night consisted of far too much alcohol in general, a superb cocktail making experience which involved lots of pink jelly shots, games and blind cocktail making. There was also a sit down meal, more games and a night out with a blow up doll as big as myself with my hubby to be's face on. LMAO. Yes I said that. No I am not ashamed.
 
Here are some pictures below for your viewing pleasure. 
 
 

 
So I have also made some new purchases recently and I wanted to share them with you. Happy reading all.
 
LAURENS WAY: BRONZING MOUSSE IN MEDIUM: RRP £17.95
 
 
 
So I have never been a fan of a Lauren Goodger since watching TOWIE. Thought she was a bit of a tw@t to be honest although after watching CBB recently I have changed my mind and I do think she's actually a lovely girl who has been misunderstood in the media. Soz Lauren.
 
 So anyway, when I was browsing Superdrug for a new 'night out' tan this was on offer for £10 so I decided to give it a go. Very pleasantly surprised. It's really really good. 
 
Apply this as always with a decent tanning mit and it glides onto your skin super easy. You do not need to use a lot and it blends really well leaving no streaks. When you first apply this though it looks extremely dark and I did scare my fiancé when I walked in the room afterwards but do not be afraid. You need to leave this on for a minimum of 8 hours so basically over night and then wash it off in the morning in the shower. It goes much much lighter and looks fab for a medium tan and still stays streak free. I don't even exfoliate before I tan because I am a lazy gal. Ain't got time for that. 
It lasts a good week and you can get dressed again after 60 seconds. Still has that slight fake tan biscuit aroma but apart from that it's a great product and I will be trying more from her range in the future. 
 
CRYSTAL COLLAGEN GOLD POWDER EYE MASK: RRP: 10 for £1.49 on Amazon
 
 
These are so so cheap and I really like them. The main purpose of these bad boys is to increase blood circulation around the eye area to reduce bags, get rid of fine lines and to rehydrate and moisturise the under eye area. I don't use these daily so I can't really say how true it is that they combat wrinkles around the eye area after long term use but they are great to put under your eyes when your tired and need to refresh the peepers. 
 
They stick on easily and are really cold and stay moist for the full 20 minutes you are meant to apply them for. After one use your eye area really does feel tighter, smoother, moisturised and refreshed and I swear my bags look much better. Perfect for a girly pamper night!
 
ANTI CELLULITE BODY BRUSH- RRP £5
 
My friend is training as a masseuse and kindly let me in on a great beauty secret to help reduce cellulite. To simply use an anti cellulite body brush like the one above along with some firming cream.
 
These brushes are very very hard when used and some might think quite painful but they need to be to essentially work. Once you have popped out of the shower (after a nice hot shower is the best time to do this) you need to brush this in an upwards direction (anywhere towards the head) and a circular motion for a good five minutes in the areas you want to target as this stimulates the blood to pump around the body and kill that disgusting cellulite. Then apply some firming lotion. Done. 
 
I have been using this at the top of my thighs and I have really started to see the difference. Definitely worth a go girlies! Remember to also drink lots of water throughout the day to get optimal results. 
 
And the final product I purchased recently was...
 
 BENEFIT: THEY'RE REAL PUSH UP LINER: RRP £18.50
 
 
It pains me to say this but I really don't like this product and I am so disappointed as Benefit are one of my favourite brands. Luckily I got this free with the mascara as a promotional offer otherwise I would be really peeved. 
 
Yes it's a lovely jet black and yes it has ridiculous staying power (quite an effort to get off) but my problem is this- the brush and the fact is it a gel liner and not liquid.
 
The tip of the pen is rubber and has a slit at the top where the gel liner is released by twisting a cap at the bottom. The rubber is far too big and thick to get this pen close to the eye line and because this is a gel liner and not liquid... You can't glide this across in one stroke. Instead it is very difficult to use and gets really messy. If you are trying to create a flick prepare to be disappointed and frustrated. 
 I think Benefit have tried to be different because I have never seen a liner like this but practically... It just doesn't work and I think they really need to go back to the drawing board. 
 
 
So there you have it- most purchases I am really pleased with and will buy again. My next post will be on September's beauty boxes. Keep those peepers peeled.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment