Saturday 25 October 2014

October Purchases


Hello beauties. 
 
I hope we are all well this fine Saturday morning and we are not all sat with our heads over the toilet seat. For once I am not.
 
I have recently purchased some new products in a recent shopping spree that I would LOVE to share with y'all. I am going to start with my favourite. Here we go. Enjoy.
 
1. MAC Mineralize Blush in Love Joy.  RRP £21
 
 
 
So I am the first to admit that if you asked me a month ago if I would spend £21 on a blusher I would of told you to go...you know the rest. Iv always thought that for certain products like bronzer and blusher than you really don't have to spend a lot as they all must do the same thing surely. I was wrong. 
 
This is an amazing blusher and I have a feeling I will not be straying. It's from the Mineralize range and at first I was hesitant about the darkness of the shade and the shimmer. Iv never been into glitter. It just makes me wretch. But hallelujah- the glitter doesn't stay on your skin when you apply and the shade isn't too dark at all, even on my light tanned skin (fake of course). 
 
It's super easy to build up if you want the shade to be darker and it doesn't budge or fade ALL DAY. It's a contourers dream. I highly highly recommend.
 
2. Smashbox- Photo Finish Foundation Primer- Pore Minimising RRP £28

 
If someone was to ask me what kind of product I would recommend from Smashbox I would scream PRIMER. I have been a huge Smashbox fan for many years now. They do some fab products including a great range of primers. 
 
So one day I was browsing on Twitter as you do when you can't be bothered to move out of bed and I saw a fellow beauty blogger say this new primer, I quote, 'shits' all over Benefits Porefessional. I couldn't believe my eyes- such a bold statement to make indeed! So me being me- I rushed to Boots and got myself one.
 
This is a beautiful primer indeed. Usually Smashbox's primers are water based so I was surprised to find that this one had the same creamy consistency like Benefits Porefessional. I personally don't think it glides on as easy as Benefits but the effects are pretty much on par! They both do the same trick leaving your face glowing, pores none existent and make up stuck to your lovely face all day controlling oil like a dream! 
 
If I had to choose one though it would still be Benefits Porefessional for two reasons. Number one- it's £3.50 cheaper (every penny counts) and two- I think Benefit just has that little bit more OOMPH with your skin and makes it look warmer and fresher than Smashboxes.
 
Still a fab primer though so I would recommended trying for yourself to see which you prefer.
 
And so my last purchase was....
 
3. Models Own- Make Up Blending Sponges RRP £7.99
 
 
So my Beauty Blender pink sponge I got in one of my Birchboxes no longer resembles an egg shaped sponge. Looks like the dog has had her wicked way with it. But no. It was me. 
Beauty Blender sponges definitely don't come cheap (mine was worth £26) but I have thoroughly enjoyed using a sponge to apply my foundation so I felt I had to get a replacement. So I popped into Boots and saw these by Models Own for a fraction of the price. 
 
For the price they are good. But they are nowhere near the quality and amazingness that the Beauty Blender has to offer. These first of all are rock solid and I wouldn't really call them sponges because it hurts my hands to squeeze them. Let's call them pink make up eggs. Secondly they do work OK and make your skin look pretty nice but because they aren't very 'spongy' they are super hard to use to blend the foundation in especially at the forehead line and I find it takes me three times as long for the make up to set. I wouldn't recommend these at all if you want quality. Get the piggy bank out and buy a Beauty Blender. They are magical.
 
So there you have it. Feel free to get in touch or comment.
 
Have a lovely weekend.
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment