Sunday 13 July 2014

July Beauty Treats/Last Nights Antics

 
So its that time again. Time to listen to my wonderful ramblings. I am also pretty sure I am still intoxicated from last nights antics so this could be interesting. Very interesting. I apologise for any typos that may appear. I can't be held responsible. Too many voddy red bulls are to blame. I have the beer shakes of doom.

If you don't believe me. Look below. Messy fun times indeed.

 
 

So this month I took a trip to the Trafford Centre (pretty much my second home these days due to my shopping/eating out/drinking problem) and bought myself a few treats. Some are staple beauty items I buy again and again and some are fresh meat.

You can see in the first photo above that I bought myself the Loreal Photo Finish Primer but I have already reviewed this in my Primer post so I shall not be reviewing it on this one. All I will say is get your buts down to Boots as they are currently buy one get one free which is an absolute STEAL for this wonder primer. (That's two for £15- I wish I bought more to be honest).

So now I shall run through my treats starting with MAC Studio Fix Powder. £21.50


I have been using this for four years now and I have NEVER been tempted to change my face powder since. Its my favourite product in the entire world. This can make any average foundation look fabulous. No word of a lie. It lasts me, with everyday use, around six weeks and I use it for quite a few touch ups each day due to my oily skin. One point I will make for you girls with oily skin is make sure you use a powder brush and not the sponge that comes with the product because by the end of the day it can start to look cakey and heavy. If you use a powder brush you will have a perfect face ALL day and night. I promise you that. Yes it may seem pricey but its well worth it. Its no coincidence that make up artists love this product and its very popular on photo shoots. Camera light hits it like a dream.

A new product I bought was this little beauty...


I refuse to spend a fortune on make up brushes. I just cant do it. So over the years I usually grab them from Superdrug, Boots or Asda for around £8 to £10 because I just struggle to find them any cheaper. They do the job but they are nothing special. So when I bought this powder brush from the Topshop range I wasn't expecting anything amazing for £8. I AM OVER THE MOON. This brush feels like actual silk and lets face it- its very attractive. This combined with the Beauty Blender sponge  from last months Birchbox left my make up flawless. This was my first purchase from the Topshop range and I will definitely be buying more from it now without a doubt.

Like every blonde I love a good purple shampoo but the range offline found in shops like Boots and Superdrug has been the same for like five years so when I saw the new Bleach London range in Boots I nearly wet myself. A little.


What initially grabbed my fancy was the range's look. Very edgy and unique. Each bottle was £5 so also cheaper than the Lee Stafford purple shampoo I normally use so it was rude not to try. The bottles aren't huge either but I have found that you don't need to use a lot of product at all to get a lovely purple lather all over your locks. 

The reason why I love this product and will definitely be buying again is the fact that you dont have to leave this on for at least 15 minutes for it to actually work like you do with Lee Stafford and A Touch Of Silver. I slapped it on for literally five minutes in my pre-work shower and brassiness was gone. WOWzers. 

The conditioner is also sweet. It smells delish and leaves your hair silky smooth.  But for five lovely pounds I wouldn't say this is a must buy product. 

Also if you are like me and sometimes sleep in purple shampoo or leave it on for a few hours because you like the lilac tone it adds to your hair... look below to see what this shampoo can achieve. Pretty dam impressive if you ask me.
 
It's incredible and honestly my favourite purple shampoo I have tried so far. I highly recommend it and I am so pleased it's now available in Boots.

Blondes- GO BUY.



By the way meet Dave. My lovely hubby to be. The reason I count my blessings everyday to have found my soul mate so soon in life.

Thanks for reading guys- Comments welcome as always- and I hope you have all had a lovely weekend.
 








No comments:

Post a Comment