Saturday 23 June 2018

Popping my Forever Living Cherry...

Happy weekend y'all!

I hope we are all well and the sun is still shining where ever you are. Is it me or is this year going by super fast? You blink and it's the weekend again. The fact that I am turning the big 30 next week probably isn't helping either. You know when you dread something from happening SO bad... it happens SO much quicker. That's life. Dammit.

Anyway... Before I fall back into my current midlife crisis situation (which is legit happening) ... I have been testing some new products over the past 4 weeks which come from the company Forever Living. 

Forever Living has been around for a while now and is a well established company and from what I have gathered... Aloe Vera plays a big role in their products. I have known a few ladies to sell the products online but in all honestly... I have never tried them. 

So when Elaine popped up in my inbox asking me to try some of her products and give a real genuine review... I said WHY THE HELL NOT. 

Like I said... I am nearly 30. I need all the help I can get in the skin and detox department.

So here is the package I received. I even got chocolate. How did she know I LOVE creme eggs.... freaky. You get brownie points for that Elaine.


I will run through everything now one by one - And I have to say I was very impressed... especially with the eye cream. Wait til you see my results. INSANE.

1. Aloe Blossom Herbal Tea


So since I am sat here sipping the tea... I thought I may as well start with it. So let me just tell you a bit about me and tea. I don't drink it. Not even herbal. I can be so fussy sometimes. So yes... I am not a tea enthusiast.

 But for you Elaine... I gave this a whirl. And I drank it all. The first thing I noticed is it smelled lovely... Very fruity and the actual taste was not overpowering at all. It is quite sweet. I can imagine this would be really nice iced.

The ingrediants are: Cinnamon, Orange Peel, Cloves, Blackberry Leaf, Allspice, Fennel, Ginger, Cardamon, Aloe Blossom, Gymnema Sylvestre and Chamomile.

There is a lot of goodness in there for sure.

There are ZERO calories and no caffiene also so this would be perfect before bed with a nice book or facebook scroll. 

Detox teas at the moment are very popular. Going off first impressions I would totally recommend this one.

2. Smoothing Exfoliator


I don't use facial exfoliators often so I was excited to try this. I have always been kind of scared of them because my skin is an absolute arsehole. It is so oily and I am prone to breakouts so I have never wanted to irritate it further. 

After doing some research... I have been SO wrong. Exfoliators are actually good for ANY type of skin. Even mine. 

As well as revealing fresh skin cells... exfoliating removes dead skin cells from pores which will then make your pores smaller... which then obviously makes your make up look more on point. Winner winner chicken dinner.

Removing a build up of skin cells will also allow your moisturiser's and creams to absorb into the skin much better too. I am so angry with myself right now.

So I have used this 3 times a week and I found this scrub in particular very very gentle. My skin is always silky soft after use and it smells like orange as well. Super yummy. And it hasn't caused me any extra breakouts plus I still have a tonne left. A little bit goes a very long way. I am one happy bunny.

3. Awakening Eye Cream


This bad boy is my absolute favourite.

Without going into any details, I have quite a lot of crap going on at home and it has completely flared up my anxiety. I haven't had a good nights sleep in at least a month. It sucks. 

And I am also turning 30. Not sure if I have mentioned that yet. Collagen is depleting and everything is going South. Plus the skin around your eyes is SO delicate - We only get one skin so take care of it.

Despite all of this - I have still seen a significant improvement in my bags of doom in only 4 weeks. Just check out these results below.

Left is before. Right is after. 



My under eye bags honestly feel more plump and fresh. 

One of the main ingrediants is Marine Collagen. That stuff is literally like gold for your skin and has CRAZY anti-aging properties. 

I also have a tonne of this left still as well and when it runs out... I will be ordering more for sure. 


4) Aloe Propolis Cream


So this is a moisturiser for dry skin in particular and it helps sooth irritation. I am a chip pan face so I didn't give it a whirl. My other half Dave did however as he suffers with dry skin quite a lot. He loved it. Its super soft, non greasy and kept his flaky face- Sorry dry skin at bay! 

And finally...

5) Aloe Vera Jelly


 Like I said earlier... Aloe Vera is Forever Living's key ingrediant. There are so many health benefits.

 Historically, its main use was to sooth minor skin irritations so its perfect for any first aid kit. It can be used on the skin prior to ultrasonic treatment and after electrolysis. There have been some great results on eczema and psoriasis too which I know a lot of people struggle with. 

Heck - Even hairdressers have been known to use this around the hairline to protect the skin from perming and colouring. SO MANY USES.

Well guess how I used my sample... On sun burnt skin. I know... naughty Sarah. I forget I am a milk bottle under all my fake tan and should probably opt for Factor 50 aha! It really soothed my skin - God bless you Aloe Vera.

So there you have it. Some brilliant products that are natural and super gentle. Overall a huge thumbs up from me. 

If you have any questions about the products feel free to message Elaine at layneybabs@gmail.com. She also has a Facebook page you can follow...

www.facebook.com/thebeautywellbeinghub


You can also get 10% off all orders through Elaine by quoting 'SarahB'


So that's all from me this weekend. I am going to try and drag my child away from watching people open Kinder Eggs on Youtube and get him outside for some Vitamin D. 

Dave is taking me and Mason to the seaside again tomorrow as well and he is making a picnic. Lets hope there is some fizz in there hey... and cheese... LOTS OF CHEESE! 

Let me know what you are up to this weekend in the comments and have a good one!

See you soon. Much love <3 






No comments:

Post a Comment