Saturday 2 June 2018

Bank Holiday Fun & My Bargain Summer Buys

Ola. How are we all!?

How bloody wonderful was the weather last weekend. I hope everyone got some yummy sun. 

I don't see the sun too often up North - It pretty much likes to piss it down ALOT... so I took full advantage and took the little man to The Ice Cream Farm in Chester and to the beach in Cleveleys, Blackpool. It was a brilliant weekend! 

We had never even heard of the Ice Cream Farm before - But it is such a hidden gem! 

There is so much to do for the kiddies - even the super little ones. Mason really enjoyed the inside water and sand land, the diggers, the huge ice cream tree that blew bubbles and foam and of course...the crap load of ice cream we bought at the end. Its free entry with a few free areas - And then you just pay £4 with a pass for each area you want to go in - We will be going back again soon for sure!





Cleveley's beach in Blackpool is also a lovely little trip. The beach is huge, really clean and they do a great Fish n Chips. They also have an arcade where mummy can play on the 2p machines... They are my guilty pleasure. I just love making it rain with those dam tickets aha.



This weekend was also a lil' emotional for me and Dave too. Mason is a wee bit behind on his speech and he hasn't really been putting sentences together yet properly. This weekend he came out with so many 3 and 4 word sentences! Mummy and daddy are proud little man.

SO... Lets talk BARGAINS. Summer bargains in fact.

If you don't get a buzz when you pick up a super sweet deal... There is something wrong with you. I would much rather raid 10 charity shops than go the a big shopping centre. ANYDAY. I got Mason 4 brand new books the other day... for 50p. Winning at life.

So here are a few treats I have found myself falling in love with. 

1. Nyx Total Control Drop Foundation - £14


Now Summer is fast approaching and everyone is jetting off on their jollies... Nobody wants a heavy foundation that is going to melt off your face. Fact. 

We want to look matt darling... MATT.

Nyx is a brand that I am quite new too but if its good enough for Ru Pauls Drag Race... Its good enough for me baby.

This little beauty is awesome and I have been using it for a few months now. What I love about it the most is it is totally buildable. You can choose to use a couple of drops easily to cover your whole face giving you a light silky smooth matt finish. Or if you do want more coverage... Just build it up. 

And don't be fooled by its small appearance. A little goes a long, long way. 

I also have super oily skin and it lasts me all day. I'm in love.

2. The Himalayn Charcoal Purifying Glow Mask from the Body Shop - £17


Now you make be thinking... HOLD UP SISTA. £17 for a face mask isn't really a bargain.

Trust me... THIS IS. I would happily pay triple the price for the results this mask gives. I was literally blown away. I have tried a tonne of face masks and this is my ultimate fave so far.

I have quite large pores and my skin is legit as greasy as a chicken wing. I use this once a week rather than the recommended 3 times and it instantly sorts my pores out, absorbs excess oil and my skin looks so fresh afterwards I actually get compliments on it.

It is very gritty in texture as it exfoliates, it feels like you have spearmint on your face and it drys within 15 minutes to the point where your face can't move. Anyone else love that feeling from mud masks??? I bloody do aha.  

If anyone would like one of these - Hit my girl Jenny Bull up. She did me a fab deal: jennybull1988@gmail.com

3. Primark's Glow Pallette - £5



Back in the day contouring was the IN thing to do... Now we also highlight.

 You can never have too much in my opinion and there are so many pallettes around these days it is really hard to choose.

So when I saw this in my local Primani for a fiver... I though I would give it a whirl.

I am super impressed. There are 4 fabulous shades including a blush and you can build them up easily and the pigment is so pretty. Perfect with a Summer tan. 

Primark's make up game is seriously strong. I am going to go on a huge haul soon.



4. The Mighty Mattes Pallette by W7 - £4.99



Please excuse how messy my pallette is inside. I am a messy person. I can't help it.

So W7 are also a brand I have only really recently heard of and they have a whole rang of eye pallettes that you can grab for around £5 each. They even have a dupe of the Urban Decay Heat pallette which I definately need to try. 

I bought this one because I am a total nude gal. I didn't expect much from it to be totally honest going off the price. 

Now don't get me wrong... This is no Jacylin Hill Morphe Pallette. The pigment is pretty basic. But if you use a wet brush... You still get some lovely shades and it stays on all day. 

For a fiver and all these shades... You can't really complain.

There is also something very therapeutic about swatching. Anyone else think so?


And to finish off with some tanning products of course...

5.  Garnier Summer Body Tinted Moisturiser - £5.49


I have been using this bad boy for YEARS. 

My real shade is 'MILK BOTTLE REALNESS' and nobody needs to see that. 

And lets face it... as I have become older... I have also become lazier. I treat myself to a proper spray tan on special occasions but other than that... This keeps me happy. 

You can apply this SO quickly without getting any streaks, its a fab moisturiser and I find I only need to use this a couple of times a week to keep my tan up. There is a lighter shade if you are a little scared of tanning products - you will just need to use it more often if you want a deep tan.

6. FM's 2 Phase Tan Accelerator - £12



I have never ever used a tan accelerator before. I have always just let the sun do its thang. I am now a total convert. 

I put this literally to the test on my boyfriend who never really gets one of those amazing tans... his is always pretty basic. Sorry. Not sorry Dave. 

So he used this when we went to the beach at the weekend... and OH MY GOSH. He tanned a ridiculous amount. And it has coconut oil in to moisturise and improve the skins firmness. 

I am going to take a crate load of this to Crete.



So those are a few of my favourite Summer bargain picks at the moment guys! 

Totally honest reviews as always. I would also love some feedback on the blog - Feel free to pop some in the comments. 

Enjoy the rest of your weekend lovelies. And drink lots of prosecco. Its good for the brain. 




No comments:

Post a Comment