Saturday 16 June 2018

Cohorted Beauty Box Review: June + Fun at the zoo!

Hey y'all! How are we diddlin? I hope everyone is super!

 I have a very exciting post for you today...

If you followed my blog when it first started, you will know how much I love monthly subscription boxes. I used to review both Birchbox and Glossybox... BATTLE STYLE but I have decided to switch things up. After doing much research... The Cohorted box seems to have the best reviews out there at the moment. It is way more expensive than the former two... But the value of your box is MUCH higher. Swings and roundabouts right.

So before I jump into all things make up... I just want to share what the Brokenshire family got up to last weekend. The weather again was bloody beautiful! We initially planned on going back up to Cleveleys in Blackpool... But we drove past Blackpool Zoo and decided to randomly head on in! It was a very good decison... Mason absolutely loved it.

He has always loved animals but he is literally obsessed with them these days. He definately loves the dog more than me too. I'm not even exaggerating. 

Mummy or dog? DOG. EVERYTIME. 

What is also really cool about Blackpool Zoo is they have a dinosaur section. Dinosaurs are another one of Mason's obsessions. You should have seen his little eyes light up. He 'roared' all the way round. Very cute.

So yeah... I would totally recommend Blackpool zoo. Its reasonably priced and they have a good variation of animals. A great family day out indeed. And afterwards... you can always head over to the beach and arcades for more fun. Them 2p machines suck me everytime.

Here are a few photos.





So apart from our little adventure here... I have been mainly working, gym'in, playing with make up and obsessing over Love Island. Standard Sarah behaviour really.

Drop in the comments who you are loving and not loving so much with Love Island! 
I have a feeling Eyaaaaaaaaaaal isn't going to be very popular aha.

So lets do this review shall we. 

As always... I am going to be 1 million per cent brutally honest.

First of all... I am a big fan of the packaging. Nice and classy with a simple bow. Love it.



The box also cost me £35 including delivery... The total box value is £146... And overall I am super impressed.

Normally you will get a mix of products from different companies in a beauty subscription box but this month's was all from one brand called Doucce from New York which I have in all honesty... never heard of. 

There is a great selection of products too ranging from a highlighter to blusher, to eyeshadow, mascara, a brow pencil, lipstick and lip liner. This box literally has you covered for either a yummy Summer daytime look to a glam night out.

This is the look I created. I decided to go all out baby. Go big or go home right? I would love to know what you think of the look - Just pop a comment below.

Someone please also tell me if gold hoops are in right now as well... I bought some to try and be a 'cool mum' aha!





I will run through each product now starting with my favourite.

The limited edition Pro Pallette: Worth a whopping £50




This was actually made for Cohorted subscribers which I think is a very special touch. The shades are gorgeous with a mix of shimmers and matts... and for a powder pallette... They feel creamy when applied. So weird but so lovely. 

So from the top of the swatch going down - You have the 4 eye shadows. There are then two fabulous blushes and a highlighter. 

To be honest... the photos don't even do this pallette justice. The shades are even more pigmented than they look. I think its time I invested in a professional camera for sure.

The only critique I have is the price. For £50 I would of expected a few more shades to play with. Even throw a cheeky blending brush in... Or am I pushing it?!

Matte Temptation Lipstick in 'First Date' : Worth £18


I think the shade of this lippy is so pretty. Who doesn't love a nude!? You can either dab it on your finger and add to the lips for a light look or you can go completely full coverage. I also love how the logo is imprinted on it. I just wish it felt a little more nourishing like it states it is.

Lip Definer Pencil in 'Lyra' : Worth £15


 This liner matches the lippy above. Its a lovely nude shade which would be lovely with a clear gloss and it goes on nice and soft. I really cant complain. Its a keeper. 

Brow Filler Pencil in 'Ash Brown' : Worth £17


Just like the lip liner... I have no complaints. I am a brow wax kinda gal and haven't really ventured into liners. I used this to define them further and loved it. Its a shade that should suit most skin tones as well.

Fiece and Fine Graphic Eyeliner Pen: Worth £16


This initially seems like a pretty good eyeliner but only time will tell if it dries up quickly or lasts a while. I will keep you updated. The actual pen is brill and it has lasted the day so far. It is very easy to grip and draw with which is what you need really. Liquid eyeliner can be a right b*stard to perfect.  

And finally...

The Maxlash Volumizer Mascara: Worth £17


 I cant lie. I really don't like this mascara. It just didn't do it for me. I like my lashes to have a tonne of volume and length. It failed me as you can see from the photos above. 

Sorry Doucce. Better luck next time. Still love ya. Promise.

So there you have it - Overall I am really happy with the products I received. Its not often you love every product a brand comes out with. That's just life. It doesn't help that I am super judgemental as well. Bring on July's box. I'm a tad excited! 

I would love to know if you would like me to do anything in particular for the blog as well... Tutorials for example? Just drop a comment below with any ideas.

Have a fabulous rest of your weekend guys! May it be filled with lots of prosecco as always...

















No comments:

Post a Comment