Sunday 20 July 2014

My Summer Essentials/Wedding Excitement


My oh my- what a bloody gorgeous week it has been. Mr Sunshine has been out in all of his glory. I may well have been stuck behind a desk and in the gym for the most of it but I have been inspired! I thought it would be a fab idea to share with you my top summer beauty items that I regularly buy and recommend.
 
I am also saying the big I DO on Key Biscayne beach in Miami in October- As you can guess I am SUPER DUPER excited to marry the man of my dreams! However I am a last minute girl so I have just started getting myself ready for it now (bad I know but its just how I roll baby). This week I found this beautiful flower head piece for £9 in Topshop (bargain.com) and have instructed a dress maker to create my dream dress. All I need now is to decide on shoes and find some silvery/blond extensions and my look shall be complete (Any recommendations or ideas are definitely welcome). WISH ME LUCK.

 
 
So now I will run through my top picks for the Summer. Enjoy bloggers/beauty blog lovers.
 
 
#1. Garnier Body- Summer Body Moisturising Lotion- RRP £5.
 
 
One thing you will come to learn about me is I am all about the tan. For a long time I would spend a fortune trying different tanning products dreaming of one that didn't smell of biscuits, didn't streak and didn't sweat off particularly on the under arm area from working out in the gym. This was a difficult mission indeed and very costly. Then I found the above bad boy. I decided to try this initially because it was on offer in Asda for two for £5 so I thought why the hell not and I am so glad I did. This smells so summery and fruity and moisturises like a dream. It doesn't dry super quick but being as impatient as I am I have found that if you do put clothes on while it is still drying a little it still does not streak. I use this every other day and it gives a beautiful streak free light tan. Do not expect to look like you have lived in the Amazon for a year but if you want a lovely warm glow that does not streak or sweat off after that pesky spin class then I would recommend you use this. It lasts 5 times as longer as a bottle of self tan for more than half the price. Be rude not to.
 
Now once you have that perfect summer glow you need to brighten up those cheekbones with a good blush or bronzer. See my top picks below.
 
#2. Maybelline Dream Touch Blush- RRP £5 to £7
 

This comes in 3 sexy shades that suit a variety of skin tones- Peach, Berry or Plum. I currently use the peach which is the lightest shade out of the three because I normally use this in the day and not the night but Berry is a lovely shade of pink.
 
Now I am normally a matt kinda chick. I love matt products mainly because my face is oily enough. However this airy mousse is to die for. You just need to use a little bit and rub it on the apples of your cheeks for a soft dewy look. It stays put all day and leaves a slight shimmer that the light loves. It really does give a natural flushed look.
 
Its also super easy to blend. See below. To the left I have blended this in a little but if you look to the right (its not as clear as I would have hoped on this photo) I have blended it in a lot. Its totally up to you how you blend this product for the shade you want to achieve.
 
 
#3. Collection 2000 Bronze Glow Bronzing Powder- RRP £3.99
 
 
Please excuse my messy case- Collection 2000 do some great products for such cheap prices but something tells me not a great deal of money goes on the quality of packaging. Nevertheless, if you do no want to spend a fortune on a bronzer- choose this. Its a great shade which is perfect for contouring your face and cheekbones. It gives a warm tone and gives a sleek matt finish. Sparkle free the way I like my bronzers. Lasts a super long time also.
 
 
#4. Smashbox- Contouring and Highlighting Bronzer- £25
 
Now I was going to share with you an amazing product and one of my all time faves until I did a quick search online for it as I have just ran out and alas- it has been discontinued. I am totally devastated. I feel like a child again learning that Santa Claus, the Tooth Fairy and Easter Bunny are all made up.
 
One point I can make however that is if you are unsure how to contour or uneasy about doing it yourself then buy yourself something that looks like the above. All you do it glide your brush over the powder and brush this straight onto your cheeks starting with the lightest colour at the top of your cheekbones as this is where you need to highlight. I need to find myself a new one of these wonder contour kits so I will update you when I find a replacement. I am not happy with you Smashbox but I still love you.
 
Now that you have tanned and bronzed or blushed your cheeks you need to give those dry lips a pop of colour and TLC.
 
#5. Body Shop- Lush- Bubblegum Lip Scrub- RRP £5.50
 
 
  First things first- you need to buff those lips and get rid of any dry skin. This product first of all lasts a very long time- I have had this baby for more than a year and I am not even half way through. Its basically caster sugar and softening Jojoba oil in a pot that you rub onto your lips which preps and exfoliates them leaving them super smooth and my oh my- they taste divine. Yes that's right. You get to lick the sugar off your lips right at the end. Yum yum. MAKE UP YOU CAN EAT- WHY IS THERE NOT MORE OF THIS. I do wonder how many calories this may involve however. Don't blame me if you get podgy.
 
#6. Vaseline- Rosy Lips- RRP £1.99
 
 
This permanently lives in my handbag and I use it all day everyday. Out of all the Vaseline lip balms this is my favourite. It adds a slight pink stain to your lips and keeps chapped lips at bay. Perfect for those summer days/holidays and a steal at £1.99.
 
#7. MAC Lipstick in Amplified- RRP £15.
 
 
 
 
 
As you know I do love MAC and this is my favourite shade of lipstick from their range. I have never paid for a MAC lipstick because if you take in 6 empty product cases to the store you get a free lipstick. Good huh. But not all MAC lipsticks are great- I find the dark reds dry out really really quickly and are not hydrating in the slightest but this shade is the complete opposite and can be used for two completely different looks. I highly recommend.
 
If you apply this like a normal lipstick it gives a bright light pink shiny pop of colour which is perfect for the town (left on the below photo). Yet if you dab this on with your fingers it gives a beautiful light pink matt look perfect for the day (Right on the below photo). Winner winner chicken dinner and the perfect Summer lippy.
 
 
Now to complete your Summer look you need to smell HOT.
 
#8. Paco Rabanne- Lady Million- RRP £45
 
 
This is the perfect Summer fragrance. It lasts all day and is sure enough to bring all the boys to the yard. If you are going to splash out on one thing- splash out on this. I usually stock up in duty free at the airport. Gotta be done.
 
Well there you have it. My summer essentials. I would love to hear of yours so feel free to comment and let me know.
 
Next week I will post about Julys beauty boxes. Take care and buh bye.
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment